Brexit and the UK Constitution
- The Brexit Party could step aside in hundreds of seats in what would be a huge election boost to Boris Johnson, it has emerged.
- Voters will go to the polls on 12 December after MPs finally backed Boris Johnson’s bid to hold a pre-Christmas election. Jeremy Corbyn confirmed that Labour will back Boris Johnson’s push for a snap general election after a three-month extension to the Brexit process was confirmed.
- In the Labour party, Former Labour leadership hopeful Owen Smith is set to stand down as an MP at the general election.
- No 10 has defended Brexit deal after Trump criticism.
- Nigel Farage has called on Johnson to ‘build Leave alliance.’
Britain’s post-Brexit relationship with the EU
Impact of Brexit on the economy
- Boris Johnson’s new Brexit deal will leave Britain’s economy worse off than under Theresa May’s agreement, according to a major economics think tank.
- Commemorative 50p coins minted to mark Brexit on 31 October are being melted down following the latest delay to Britain’s departure, the Treasury has admitted.