Articles and Downloads
Brexit round up- Week commencing 25 November 2019
Brexit and the UK Constitution
- The Tories have been accused of being “economical with the truth” after they denied offering jobs senior Brexit Party figures in a bid to get them to stand down.
The UK’s post- Brexit relationship with the EU
- Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn has promised his Brexit plans will keep the UK closely aligned with EU on trade, the environment and workers’ rights. Meanwhile, the EU is ‘open’ to Corbyn’s Brexit policy, Ireland’s Leo Varadkar has stated.
- Nigel Farage is unveiling the Brexit Party’s general election policies, promising “fundamental change” for the UK after it leaves the EU.
Brexit’s Impact on the Economy
- UK companies endure sharpest downturn since the Brexit vote. The Guardian business live has more.
- The OECD has warned that UK growth will dip to 1 % even if no-deal Brexit is avoided.
- The European Central Bank this week warned of growing risks to global financial stability.