The UK’s post- Brexit relationship with the EU
- The EU negotiating team is gearing up for talks with the UK about the post-Brexit relationship by holding a series of seminars for diplomats from the 27 member states.
- The European Union will “not be rushed” into signing off on post-Brexit agreements with Britain despite a UK law setting a fixed deadline on the talks, Ireland’s deputy prime minister has warned. Meanwhile, Leo Varadkar has called for a ‘level playing field’ on Brexit negotiations.
- Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal is “bad for our Union and for our economy”, Theresa May’s former top aide has declared.
- The EU trade chief has said that a Full Brexit trade deal by the end of the year is ‘just not possible.’
- The UK will not deport EU citizens if they fail to apply for settled status, the European parliament’s Brexit co-ordinator has said.
- The Treasury will need to find almost £2bn a year to fill the hole left when EU funding for some of Britain’s poorest communities ends after Brexit, ministers have been told.