Articles and Downloads
Brexit round up- Week commencing 2 December 2019
The UK’s post- Brexit relationship with the EU
- Jeremy Corbyn has stated that he will remain neutral in any second referendum on the UK’s membership of the European Union. Meanwhile, the Labour party have launched a new strategy to focus on Brexit-backing voters in the final fortnight before the December General Election.
- This week, Boris Johnson unveiled the Tory manifesto with pledge not to raise taxes and ‘to get Brexit done’ before Christmas.
- It is not clear how the proposed customs border in the Irish sea will work after Brexit, an influential think-tank have warned. The Times has more.
- The Northern Irish DUP is set to make changes to Brexit deal, if Boris Johnson remains prime minister after the general election.
- Michel Barnier has pledged to prioritise UK trade deal post- Brexit and has warned of a short timeframe to secure future relationship. Meanwhile, Charles Michel, who replaces Donald Tusk says the EU has to work hard to keep unity.
Impact of Brexit on the Economy
- How has the Brexit vote affected the UK economy? The Guardian has its November verdict.
- Trade experts have said that Boris Johnson’s ‘arbitrary’ Brexit deadline will damage the UK economy.