Brexit and the UK Constitution
- In the led up to the UK General Election, campaigners for a second Brexit referendum have urged election candidates to step aside in 100 seats to avoid splitting pro-referendum support and maximise the number of pro-EU MPs elected on 12 December.
- A Brexit Party candidate in a key Labour marginal has dramatically stood down in order to improve the chances of the Conservatives winning the seat.
- A majority of Britons would not mind if Northern Ireland left the UK so long as they got their preferred Brexit outcome, a new poll has found.
The UK’s post- Brexit relationship with the EU
- Brussels has begun legal proceedings against the UK after the Government failed to nominate a new EU Commissioner.
- David Gauke, the former justice secretary, has warned that a Conservative victory in the upcoming general election would put the UK on course for a no-deal Brexit at the end of 2020.
- Outgoing Europeaan Council President Donald Tusk has urged British voters not to “give up” on stopping Brexit.
Impact of Brexit on the Economy
- Countries including Australia have asked for trade compensation from the UK and the EU over Brexit disruption.