Matrix’s Legal Support Service provides a round-up of Brexit-related links and news.
Brexit and the UK Constitution
- Boris Johnson has told moderate Tory MPs that he will not fight the next general election on a pledge to deliver a no-deal Brexit.
- The public would blame MPs more than Boris Johnson if he ends up delaying Brexit again, a new poll has suggested.
- The European Union will be making a “historic” mistake if it thinks the Benn Act will stop Brexit from happening on 31 October, according to Number 10.
- A Scottish court has delayed a decision on whether Boris Johnson should be forced to ask for a Brexit extension until after the final deadline has passed next week.
- MPs are heading for a Brexit showdown as they will be called to sit for a special parliamentary session on Saturday 19 October – less than two weeks before Britain’s scheduled departure from the EU.
The UK’s post-Brexit deal with the EU
- Chief EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier will decide whether talks between the UK and Brussels are to intensify amid fresh hope that a deal could be reached before 31 October.
- European council president welcomes ‘positive signals’ but warns ‘no guarantee of success’.
The Impact of Brexit on the Economy