Articles and Downloads
Brexit round up- Week commencing 13 January 2020
Brexit and the UK Constitution
- The former heads of both the Leave and Remain campaigns have joined forces to call for a “decade of reconnection” after years of “division” in Britain.
- MPs have given their final backing to the bill that will implement the UK government’s Brexit deal.
The UK’s post-Brexit relationship with the EU
- Boris Johnson has told the president of the European Commission that Britain is “ready” to kick off talks on a post-Brexit trade deal despite her warning his timeframe for an agreement is “impossible”.
- Boris Johnson is preparing to set up a dedicated new Brexit team by the end of next month as he seeks to take control of talks on Britain’s future relationship with the European Union.
- The UK will always be welcome to rejoin the EU after Brexit, a top official has written in a ‘love letter’ to the country.
Brexit as it relates to Matrix Practice areas
- The Government has been slammed as “disgraceful” and “inhumane” after MPs voted to remove protections for child refugees from the EU withdrawal agreement.