Local Government Law
Our Local Government Team brings together experts from several relevant areas of law, including specialists in public law and human rights, education and community care law, environmental and planning law, public procurement and EU law, data protection, freedom of information and election law.
Members are recognised in the directories for their work in administrative and public law, community care, education, local government law, and planning.
Our members act for local authorities, individual claimants and businesses (such as care homes). They deal with all aspects of local authority work, including:
- All aspects of governance and decision-making,
- Adult community care (including ordinary residence disputes and cases in the Court of Protection),
- Children’s services (including education, age assessments, children leaving care and community care services),
- Procurement and state aid,
- Cuts to public services (with particular expertise on issues of consultation and the public sector equality duty),
- Planning and environmental claims,
- Election petitions.