Webinar – Immigration Issues Arising from Covid-19
- Related Member(s):
- Hugh Southey QC, Samantha Knights QC, Ayesha Christie, Eleanor Mitchell
- Related Practice Area(s):
- Immigration, Asylum and Free Movement
Date: Wednesday 20th May 2020
Topics for discussion included:
- Issues raised by virtual hearings (Hugh Southey QC)
- The current legal challenge against remote hearings in the FTT (Ahmed Aydeed, Duncan Lewis, Eleanor Mitchell)
- The legal challenge to release immigration detainees in the current crisis (Ayesha Christie)
The session was chaired by Samantha Knights QC.
This webinar is made available for general information purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such advice. The speakers and Matrix Chambers do not accept responsibility for the continuing accuracy of its contents.