IBA Seoul – Angeline Welsh moderating session on ‘Hot topics in international arbitration’
- Related Member(s):
- Related Practice Area(s):
Angeline Welsh is moderating the ‘Hot topics in international arbitration’ session on Thursday 26th September at this year’s International Bar Association’s Annual Conference in Seoul. The session will look at issues including:
- the approach of public international law to domestic court judgments as they arise for consideration in international arbitration;
- the work of the UNCITRAL Working Group on improving the efficiency and quality of arbitration proceedings (eg expedited arbitration, emergency arbitrators, adjudication);
- the independence of expert witnesses and the civil and criminal liability of arbitrators; and
- IT literacy of practitioners and arbitrators.
Speakers at the event will include Lillian Chu, Tsar & Tsai, Taiwan Ben Juratowitch Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Nania Owusu-Ankomah IR Global and Dietmar Prager Debevoise & Plimpton; Chair, International Commercial Arbitration Case Law Subcommittee.
To find out more, please see here.