Christopher’s practice focuses on competition law, EU law, commercial law and public law.
Before coming to Matrix in 2009, Christopher served as a Referendaire (Legal Secretary) to the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal (CAT), where he assisted the Tribunal panels in the management and resolution of cases. Whilst at the CAT, he gained in-depth experience into the competition law enforcement regime in the UK and handled numerous appeals. He then became the sole competition practitioner at the law firm Farrer & Co LLP, where he advised clients across the firm.
Christopher was shortlisted for Competition Junior of the Year by The 2016 Chambers UK Bar Awards.
Christopher was called to the Bar of Ireland on 4 October 2018.
Christopher is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. In order to provide legal services to his clients, including advice and representation services, Christopher needs to collect and hold personal data. This includes his client’s personal data and the personal data of others who feature in the matter upon which he is instructed. To read Christopher’s privacy notice in full, please see here.
Christopher is regulated by the Bar Standards Board and accepts instructions under Standard Contractual Terms. To find out more information on this and the way we work at Matrix, including our fee transparency statement, please see our see our service standards.
WHAT THEY SAY:
Christopher has consistently been recommended in the directories, of which the following are recent examples:
- Chambers & Partners 2021 state that he has “Extensive knowledge of competition law and is a very good lawyer”; “He’s a go-to for absolutely everything”; “He’s really hard-working and reliable” and an “unsung hero.”
- Legal 500 2021 describe his “Attention to detail, hard-working, excellent on his feet. He knows the law well and is willing to give a view where asked… Definitely one of the sector’s rising stars and a pleasure to work with. Expecting great things.”
- Chambers & Partners 2020 say he is “Responsive, hard-working and very clear in his advice”; “He is committed to understanding the details of the case and he gives sound strategic advice”.
- Legal 500 2019 say that “He has a deep knowledge of competition enforcement law.”
- According to Chambers & Partners 2019, Christopher is “delightful to work with – he takes complex arguments and distils them down. Nothing is too much trouble for him”
- Legal 500 2018 describe him as “Extremely easy to work with – he is responsive, intelligent, astute and collaborative.”
- Who’s Who Legal 2018 describe Christopher as “an experienced and effective junior who is well known for his knowledge of competition law and his abilities in the courtroom.”
- Legal 500 2017 described him as “a fabulously focused senior junior, who gets the big picture and provides prolific output.”