Wednesday 16 October 2019
The Knowledge Centre at the British Library
Matrix Chambers invites you to Data, Privacy and Reputation, a half-day conference at the British Library on privacy, data protection and the rights of publishers. Our speakers are drawn from both sides of the courtroom, with the plenary session featuring Gavin Millar QC in debate with Hugh Tomlinson QC on privacy rights in criminal investigations. The conference will be followed by a drinks reception.
2.00pm: Conference starts
5.30pm: Drinks and canapés
Topics to be covered include:
- Privacy and Inaccuracy: reputation and the GDPR;
- Debate: Should criminal investigations be private?
- Journalism, erasure and public interest: what are the limits?
- Jurisdictions and Remedies in Data Protection and Privacy;
- Data, privacy and reputation: the future.
Book before Friday 13th September and take advantage of our early bird offer – £50 +VAT
Full price tickets – £75 +VAT